Saturday, January 30, 2010

Kueh Koya (Green Bean Cookies)

K
Last Friday, after my girl's dental appointment, we stopped by Sun Lik at seah street. Thinking of making some kueh koya over this weekend. I want to buy the green bean flour from this shop. After reading alot on Auntyyochana blogs, now I know where to get all my baking ingredients. Thank You Auntyyochana. :)

To make this cookie,

Kueh Koya

Ingredient,

300g of green bean flour
165g of caster sugar grinded till becomes powder
100ml of thick coconut milk

First, I started frying the green bean flour with pandan leaf on low heat till light. Leave to cool.
As for the sugar, I used a grinder to grind caster sugar into powder. I wanted to make Nonya Kueh Koya, so the last ingredient is coconut milk. The coconut milk need to be boiled, then cooled. When all the ingredients are measure, sift green bean flour with icing sugar into a big mixing bowl. Slowly sprinkle the coconut milk into the flour mixture, a little at a time. Stop adding the coconut milk, when mixture becomes breadcrumb like.








Press mixture into kueh koya mould. Knock out then place cookie onto a baking tray. Bake at 75C for about 2 hours or till cookies hardened with a dry surface.

Tips

When pressing the mixture into the mould, don't press too hard. Though it can be knocked out easily, but cookie becomes very had after baked.

If you don't want the coconut milk it can be replaced by water.

2 comments:

  1. Hi. Do we have to add any oil like butter? Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know where I can get those wooden green bean cookie molds? Can I use normal ceramic or metal madeleine cookie molds for it? Thanks

    ReplyDelete