I'm making Char Siew Por Lor Pau!!! I found this recipe for the Por Lor Pau from Florence's blog- DO WHAT I LIKE. I added in my own recipe for the Char Siew filling within the Por Lor Pau. Por Lor Pau can be found either plain or with Char Siew filling. It is also a famous breakfast snack in Hong Kong. We can find it easily in the many Hong Kong cafes (Char Chan Teng) in Singapore. I let my neighbour try this Por Lor Pau and they said that it tasted like the ones in Hong Kong!!! I really got to thank Florence!
Here are the recipes:
Ingredients:(8 pieces @ 35g each)
120g cake flour
10g milk powder
10g custard powder
60g icing sugar
3g baking powder
30g lightly beaten egg
60g melted butter
Method for crust:
1. Mix all the ingredient together to form a soft dough.
2. Chill in the refrigerator for use later.
3. Divide into 8 portions of about 35g each.
4. Shape them into a flat round disc.( use a piece of glad wrap and a rolling pin to do this)
Bread:(8 pieces @ 60g each)
185g bread flour
50g cake flour
15g milk powder
1/2 tsp salt
75g tang zhong( you can check out 65c tang zhong making from my youtube channel- bigheadmagicmad)
1. Mix all ingredients except butter to form a dough.
Add in butter and knead till dough is smooth and pliable.
2. First, prove dough for 45-60 minutes.
3. Punch down dough and divide into 8 pieces of about 60g each. Roll them into round balls .
4. Rest the dough for 10-15 minutes, flatten the dough and put in the filling and shaping each into a nice and smooth round ball.
5. Prove the shaped bread for 45-60mins.
6. Apply egg wash to the shaped bread and top it with a piece of the crust. Apply a little egg wash on the crust.
7.Bake at 190c - 200c for 15-20 minutes.
8. Serve hot.